Tuesday, March 1, 2011

First DIY Wedding Project!

Well ladies and gents-I attempted my first diy wedding project tonight. Still a little unsure on whether I like it or not but I think it'll take me a few tries to get the look I want down.

This is what I was attempting, a feather boutonniere for all the boys.


#1 Flowers in the winter will die as soon as they go outside

#2 I have always thought that boutonnieres get ruined within an hour of having them on anyway. With all the hugging and moving around they do they are bound to get wrecked.

So while Tony and Joe were busy working on their toys in the garage, Axel and I went to work on wedding stuff. While keeping an eye on the boys, the fruit drying and Axel trying to steal my feathers-I finally finished one. Below is the outcome of my first attempt. Not the greatest, but it's a start. I'll need to make some adjustments and add a few little jewels here and there to make it look like I want. But I think for the most part they turned out okay. Especially if it's going to save us a few hundred.

No comments:

Post a Comment