Monday, March 14, 2011

Son-in-Law + Toy Story 1 & 2 + Les Mis =One Lazy Weekend

So I survived my first weekend alone. This is a big thing for me. Not only is Tony gone, but I've gained a little friend for a few days. Her name is Molly and she is my future dog-in-law. She's a little different than the large lap dog I currently have, she's the complete opposite to be exact. It's been an interesting couple of days to say the least. I'm hoping it'll make my days go by a little easier. We'll see.

Friday I was planning for the weekend ahead. I would get Tony packed and out the door, get my hair done and I'd sit and get wedding stuff organized and work on a few of my projects. I was planning for a very productive weekend. I left work and headed to a paper place down the road from there. I was hoping I'd find a paper punch I needed for my paper flowers. First stop=fail. Nothing. Second stop-Archivers. I walked in hoping this would be the place. As I was starring at the punches I realized this was going to be harder than I thought. An employee standing by asked if there was something I was looking for. When I told her, she looked at me like I was crazy and said they didn't have anything and if they did "well, then you'd just need to go to a die cut" (this was said in a not so friendly tone) she offered no more information and walked away. I walked around for a few more minutes and found the distress ink I had on my list of things to get. As I was standing in the checkout line the girl behind the counter must have noticed my frustrated expression when I saw a cut out of the exact punch I was looking for. She kindly asked if there was something I was looking for. I told her about my punch. In response she gave me "oh, sweetie come back here and show me what you are looking for" She brought me back to their little workshop and I pointed out the shape I needed. She said they have the die cuts there and I can come back there free of charge anytime. Amazing how within ten minutes I received two completely different types of customer service. On to my next stop-Michaels. This store is my new best friend, and will be til my wedding day I think. However, they also lack in the customer service department. Can't have everything right? I needed some more wire and these pearl stem looking things for my feather flowers. I finally find someone and show them a picture of what I was looking for. She had no clue. She pointed me to these large annoying things and said that's the closest thing they have. Fail. I decided that was enough for one day.

Saturday I was able to get Tony packed and out the door in record time. For some reason he always waits til last minute to pack. My PA Brit was there to do my hair. That killed time and kept my mind off of Tony on the road. By the time my hair was done and Brit was gone it was almost dinner time. I sat down and was super excited when I realized Son-in-law was on. Great move, ended my day with a laugh. Day 1 down.

Sunday I woke up again thinking I'd be able to get stuff done. Between the time change and the dogs not waking me up at a decent time, half the morning was gone. Trust me, I was thankful for this wonderful opportunity, most mornings I'm up by 6:30 on the weekends. This day it was 10 am before I got myself out of bed. Amazing. However, it threw my whole day off. How did I spend my day? Well, Toy Story and Toy Story 2 took up most of the remaining morning/early afternoon. It's normal to watch childhood movies-that's what I told myself at least. I stopped myself before I ordered Toy Story 3-I'll save that for next weekend :) After Buzz and Woody were over I flipped the tv to Les Mis, this took up another 4 hours and the remainder of my Sunday afternoon. I now have a new love for Nick Jonas...



 I don't remember the last time I did nothing all day. It was amazing!

I am a little bummed that I didn't get any wedding stuff done. But now I'm refreshed and ready to go for the next two weeks of lonesomeness. Bring. It. On.

No comments:

Post a Comment