Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Ouch!

Dear Jillian Michaels,


I strongly dislike you right now.


Sincerely,


Haley Coty


**********************************************************************


So, after my uplifting weekend, I have decided I need to make a change. And this time I'm not giving up. I even broke down to the point of asking Mr. Meyer if he'd help me....AAHH! I know! ScArY!


Most of you who are reading this have known me for some time. Long enough to know that I haven't always been this size. Some may agree with Mr, and say I was too skinny but I disagree. Not saying I want to be as small as I was before, but I definately am not happy with where I am at now. I was proud to say that I kept the same weight a few years after high school. Let's admit it, that's not a common thing people can say, so personally I was proud of that. But I'd like to give a quick thanks to the medical mysteries and dumb doctors who have helped push me into this little predicament. Idiots. But anyways, lets get back on track.






I realized while looking at a picture of myself in my wedding dress, that the weight needs to go. I've tried a few times in the last year to get it off but I'll be the first to admit-I wasn't the strictest I could've been. I do better when I see results, when I don't see results-I give up. Why work at it if nothing's happening right? It doesn't help much when the Mr is dropping pounds like it's nothing. That does the opposite of motivation.


Now I have my pictures to keep me motivated. I plan to look at the above picture along with my wedding dress one every day. And when I want to venture off course-these pictures are what I will see.


Positives and negatives to this. The dress I ordered-fits me to a T. So, to an average person if they lose a few pounds not a big deal, they may have to take it in a little. To a short person like myself, if 10 pounds falls off-it'll make a difference. That makes me nervous. If I lose the amount that I'm wanting to lose-I'll be down a few dress sizes. That could be bad. I'm nervous I would lose the look of my dress due to all the alterations. I know, I'm getting ahead of myself but it's still a concern. Like I said, there is no other option for me not to lose this weight. It's going to happen.


I debated with myself this morning about whether or not I'd share this information with you. I figured if I didn't tell anyone I was trying to lose the weight-people wouldn't know if I failed. But then I decided I would tell people. This way I can use this as another form of motivation. I don't want to fail. And if the more people know what I'm trying to do, the harder I'll work at proving that I can do it.


So wish me luck. Jillian and I have a date every day for the next few months. Along with the Mr giving me my daily eating schedule.


Should be fun! ...I hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment