Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Dress Drama

I really need to try and update this daily. I say I will but I never do. Then when it comes time to write I have so many things to discuss! Last week was, eh, horrible. But Friday was a great day starting with the fact that Tony was on his way home. But more importantly :)-love you hunny-my dress came in!!! That was a huge surprise. I wasn't expecting it for a few more months. The dress came in along with my veil. I am still waiting on the sash-which apparently it takes 6 months to ship from France. Way to be on top of things. Anyways, I went to the shop Friday after work and tried it on. It fits perfectly, for now. There are only a few changes that need to be done but we'll work with those in a few months.

There was only one small issue, although the more I think about it and the more time goes by it seems to be growing into a large issue. This special sash that is coming from France, may have been ordered in the wrong color. I have a call into the shop to talk to the girl who ordered it for me. At one point between her writing down the information for ordering and the actual ordering process-the color was "crossed-out" and a new one was written in. Why? That's what I would like to know. My thought process is they looked at the dress (made by one designer) and the sash (made by a different designer) and compared fabric swatches. One slight problem. The fabric swatch that came attached to my dress-doesn't match. My dress is ivory. The fabric swatch is white or "off-white" similar to the "off-white" sash they ordered. So if they compared fabric swatches-yes they would need to cross off the ivory sash and order an off-white one. But if they would've compared it to the dress they'd see it's ivory. If this is the case and they did order the wrong sash this pushes us back atleast a month. And with the fact that I need to do alterations involving the sash, I need it here. Soon.

Cross your fingers.

No comments:

Post a Comment