Monday, March 7, 2011

Chandelier Love

Ah! I love this!! And again, we could make it ourselves! We were originally going to just have the sheer white tulle hanging from the ceiling with white lights (Kilkarney offers this for a cost) but if we can make something like this ourselves it'll save us a ton and give us the opportunity to put our own twist on things.



It's simply a matter of finding our own supplies. I have been hanging on to this idea for a few weeks now trying to figure out how we would do it. I have brought Brent onto this little project in hopes I could use his creativity. I think he's excited about it too. Then today, while surfing weddingbee, someone had linked this website to their blog regarding chinese lanterns. There are lots of fabulous ideas I can use from that site and they have decent prices! (If you haven't noticed yet, I'm a bargain shopper. Tony gets annoyed with this-but he'll thank me later.)

Now my next step is to figure out how to get the different colors involved. I love the white and blue lanterns in this picture, if we could just switch the blue with red it would be perfect. Do you think we can paint the white lanterns with red? Or do I have to go on a hunt for these fancy lanterns? If it's option A-great-I'll just need a volunteer for drawing...Any takers??

1 comment:

  1. I'm sure they have red chinese lanterns. Or you could keep with the white ones add silver circles and glitter to keep with winter theme.

    I will help with anything,just call!

    Just a thought
    Cheri

    ReplyDelete