Monday, June 6, 2011

something old, something new, something borrowed, something..



Blue!


 Slowly over time I've collected the necessary items to complete this saying. 


Something old=my pearl necklace from my Grandma Iris
Something new=my pearl bracelet and earrings from my mom and dad
Something borrowed= Still unknown (Grandma Iris is on the hunt)
Something blue=a blue brooch from my future mother-in-law

Below you'll find pictures of the brooch Mari found for me. While she was in Italy on business she emailed asking if there was anything she needed to look for while there. I told her I was still in need of something blue and was looking for some sort of brooch to attach to my dress. 

The second brooch pictured has a great story attached to it. After Mari finally got a good look at it she didn't think it was exactly what I was looking for, but because the sales lady worked so hard to get it for her, she felt she should buy it. I can't tell the story as good as Mari does, so next time you're around her you'll have to ask to hear the brooch story. It's a good one. And because it has such a great story behind it I'm having a hard time deciding which one I'll actually use. The first brooch pictured is almost an exact match to my veil. Either way they'll be a great touch to the wedding.






No comments:

Post a Comment