Wednesday, June 29, 2011

The Big Shoe Debate...

So anyone who knows me, knows I can't wait on things. Once I get an idea in my head I want to make it real. ASAP. One of those things being my boots.

I ended up finding a pair of black, shorter, lower heeled cowboy boots on Monday. Since Mr. Fiance wouldn't let me run to Michael's that very same night, I waited until Tuesday on my way home from work. It's on my way home, duh. Kinda...maybe ten, fifteen minutes out of my way but hey! I wanted to get this party started! I entered the world of Michael's to find my wonderful jewels waiting for me. And guess what!? They were on sale!! It's meant to be.

I hurry home, finish a couple chores and sit down at the kitchen table to begin my long and tedious adventure. First, lets back the train up a bit. On my way home between Michael's and my driveway I was thinking that maybe I'd be safer to do an actual heel with this gems instead of the boot. I mean, these little gems aren't cheap. So if I finish these boots and I don't like them-then what? Wear them out of guilt? Here starts the big debate. Red glitter boots or red glitter heels...such a tough decision!! What if I don't like the boots? What if they don't turn out how I'm dreaming them up to be? Why can't Taylor Swift just lend me her boots for the evening? Ugh. Celebrities. Why do they always have to get the good stuff!? Anyways. Back to the task at hand. I decide to do a couple and see what I think. I sit at the table with the glue and gem in my hand. Here goes nothing. I stick the first one on. Eh. It's ok. Add a couple more. Still ok.

Enter Tony.

T: "You should space them out a little more"
H: "I'm still debating if I do the boot or if I find a pair of heels"
T: "You can find a pair of sparkly heels to buy online"
H: "I want to make them"
T: "Maybe you should get a red boot"
H: "Let me know when you find a red boot"

Thanks for the encouragement honey.

Here's what I have so far...



I know it's not the greatest picture and you can't really get the true idea of it yet, but I'm nervous. Do I continue adding them and see what happens? How far do I go before I decide?

No comments:

Post a Comment