Tuesday, April 5, 2011

George

And you guys probably thought I forgot about this post.

Who could forget George!?

In case you've forgotten lets do a little recap shall we?



Oh man, that's a great song. I wish I could find the full video, it's a shame we can't listen to the whole thing.

So you are probably thinking why on earth is Haley playing this classic George Straight song. Well, for one person. My sister. 



Yes, you read correctly, my darling sister. See, when we were younger-and as we got older-she would sing her dear little heart out all the time. To anything. And everything. It was...um...well...good. *cough*  I remember cutting out a picture that was on the front page of the pioneer press of two little girls on a sidewalk. One girl you could tell was singing her heart out while the other little girl stood there with her hands over her ears and a priceless look on her face. I had that hanging in my room til the day I moved out. I bet if I went home and dug through my old stuff I'd find it.
 



But luckily there's more to my sister than her amazing singing skills. The girl can always put a smile on my face. I can't tell you how many times I've had to wipe tears from my eyes because she'd just made some random comment that had me laughing hysterically. That's her specialty. 


I could sit here and tell you all about our relationship and the crazy things we've done together and the number of things shes taught me throughout life but I don't have enough time in the world to do that. Plus, I'd like to keep those memories to myself for right now. I'll save them for when Presley's a little older. I have a feeling I'll have to do a lot of reteaching when it comes to my lovebug. Especially when it comes to music.

Of course, we have our ups and downs like all sisters. But when it comes down to it, we are still sisters and we always will be. We will always have our differences, I would think something was wrong if we didn't. But we always come back to each other. And that's the only thing that matters. 


No comments:

Post a Comment