Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Engagement Story-Part 3

I kinda left y'all hangin for a bit on this one...oops!

Where were we?....

Sooooo I turn to find Tony down on one knee. Looking up at me.

Down on one knee. Looking up at me. Me!

H: "Is this a joke?"
T: "No"
H: looking around for someone to jump out at me and say "haha gotcha!" but no one is jumping out..."Are you serious?"
T: "Yes"
H: "This is a joke"
T: pulls ring out of pocket
H: "That's fake" still not believing that this is really happening "This is a joke"
T: in a slightly irritated/unsure of what was happening voice "It's not fake" starts to pull my hand and turn the ring to put on my hand
H: noticing the turned ring and seeing the side of it "It's my ring!!!"
T: waiting patiently for an answer "Will you marry me?"
H: "Yes!"

Turns out the day after our little ring shopping adventure, Tony went back and got my ring. He must have heard my heart break when the girl told us that it could be gone if/when he came back. Those of you who know Tony, know how big of a P.I.A he can be when he is about to buy something. He'll research something for hours on end, every day, for months if needed until he finds what he's looking for.

I apologized to the sales lady when I went in to have it re sized.

Oh which reminds me, funny side story.

When we were in the store on our little adventure 10 months prior, our lovely sales lady wrote down the ring information and my ring size. Ya know, just in case. Silly me who still didn't think it would happen for some time, threw it on top of the shelf in the living room. It probably sat there for a month before I moved it one night. We were having friends over, so I moved it in between a couple books on the book shelf so people wouldn't see it and ask questions. Little did I know, Tony was searching the house top to bottom for that little sheet not long after our house guests. He never did find it. So when he did propose in Mexico I unfortunately couldn't wear it completely on my finger. Oh well. Adds to the story :)



But back to Tony's adventure. The boy knows everything about diamonds now. It's crazy. Apparently I picked such a different ring that he had a hard time finding a diamond to go with it. Round doesn't look right and princess doesn't look right. Luckily Katherine was in love with cushion cuts and brought one out for Tony. Perfect. Now came the "important" details, the details that I needed to apologize for. Katherine told me he's what they train for. Poor thing. After searching the limited number of diamonds and many random trips to "petsmart" Tony was able to find the right one. It may have been shipped in from Maine but it was the one. Again, I apologize to the girls at Shane. I love him. And every time I look at my finger I'm reminded of how much he loves me, the love we share for each other and the life we are about to start together.


1 comment: