Monday, August 29, 2011

You learn something new everyday

This past weekend we attended yet another wedding. There was so much that went down that I can't even think straight. So instead of attempting to write a blog post that would most likely turn into a novel I'm going to create a bullet list for you all. I hope you enjoy.

Things I Learned
  • Tony cannot pick out any wedding cards going forward (Tony & Megan-I'm sorry for the card)
  • Tony's truck smokes...a little
  • If I need to be picked up by eleven-Tell Kegan and Brittni I need to be picked up by ten.
  • Ushers work hard (note to self-spoil my ushers)
  • Shoes are very important --Yes, I know I know, You're thinking Haley I thought you knew this. I do--for girls--I did not know this for boys. (note to self-make sure groomsmen & ushers have comfortable shoes)
  • Tequila Wine makes her Tony's clothes fall off. (My apologies to the entire wedding party & guests)
  • Groomsmen vests need to be sturdy (in case at some point someone may feel the need to rip their vest off)
  • Shoes need to be double knotted (in case at some point someone may feel the need to kick their shoes off in the middle of the dance floor)
  • Always make sure Kegan does not hold onto the car keys (This will prevent the possibility of locking keys in the car)
  • Ke$ha and Lady Gaga may have a look a like
  • Remind yourself when discussing things with Kegan that he may not be completely there (No, Kegan Ke$ha was not really at the wedding)
And most importantly,
  • Tony has the nicest, loving, craziest friends I have ever met. Watching those boys out on the dance floor was the highlight of my weekend. I could not help but sit there and think that we are so lucky to have these people in our lives. I can't wait to spend another weekend with them in a few weeks at Matt and Jasmine's wedding and to have them a part of our own big day.
To those boys: Thank you. Thank you for being a part of Tony's life. Thank you for allowing me to be a part of his life and now yours. For many years I heard so much about each and every one of you. I will admit to you now that I had always been scared as I didn't want to step on any one's toes. You are Tony's friends, he should be able to always have fun with you. Without me. I avoided going out with him, calling him or "bothering" him while he was out with you as I didn't want to take him away from you. I'm a shy person, I don't have a whole lot to say and would rather stand in the corner than be in the center. But after this weekend I realize I have nothing to be scared of. Let's face it, if you can handle being friends with my crazy love, I'm hoping you'll be able to accept me. I may have dragged my feet the last few years and not allowed myself to open up to you but I promise that will be no more.

When our day comes, if no one else will be at my wedding, I know we will have our friends out on the dance floor. I'm not concerned.

And you can bet your a** we will have a good time.

I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment