Thursday, September 1, 2011

Night before

I've been thinking a lot lately about what our plans will be the evening before our wedding day. Mainly a lot about the rehearsal and grooms dinner, I still have no idea what to do about these. This may be tomorrow's post...or later...

But one minor detail of that night I can't help but think about, and it's not even something that I'm debating about either. I think I've been asked once or twice about where I'm sleeping that night. I figure Tony can have the house and spend time with our little love Axel before he has to head to doggy day care. I on the other hand plan to make the trip up to Osceola. I know it's out of the way and probably a huge pain in the *** but I'm not budging on this one. I confirmed that with myself this past weekend as I was lying in my old bedroom staring up at the green stars. I want to go home.

I don't know why but for some reason I look at it as my last night as a kid. Maybe because I didn't go off to college like most kids do or because I moved back home for awhile. I don't know. But for some reason I feel like it's my last night before I become a big kid and have to go out into the big world without my parents. Weird I know but I don't know how else to describe it. It's not like I won't ever stay there again after that night. And it's not like I'll never see my parents after that day either. I seriously don't know why it's such a big deal to me.

Between that and knowing that I'll have an hour long car ride with my mom and dad that morning back to River Falls makes it even more special to me. Again, it's not like I'll never see them again. It's just for that hour I'll have just the two of them all to myself before this big day where I'll probably hardly get to see or talk to them after the ceremony. There will be 300+ people around after I walk down the aisle. Don't get me started on the aisle part. That alone makes me emotional just thinking about it.

I never thought I'd be this way. Maybe because I never saw myself having a wedding like this. But then again, I never saw myself having a family like I do now and the amount of amazing people in my life either. That's what I've learned to love about life, it's constantly changing. You never know what is ahead of you. And honestly, I wouldn't change a thing.


Oh, Hey Ma-I just wanted to let you know, I'm coming home with you after the rehearsal dinner...just thought I would share that with you...since I hadn't before this. :)

1 comment:

  1. Hales! This post brought tears to my eyes! I love that bedroom at your parents house so much, I just love your plan! The memories that came flying back to me from times spent hanging out in your room.... haha too many to write here! This is an idea I might steal from you for my own wedding some day! ;)

    ReplyDelete