Tuesday, February 8, 2011

My new obsession-Birdcage Veils

I love birdcage veils. Love, love, love them. I have to say this type of veil is what brought on the whole theme of our wedding. It gives such a unique and delicate feel to a wedding.  Veils I feel can be overwhelming and can take away from the bride.

Again, I have to have more than one option. :) During the ceremony I will wear the traditional ivory birdcage veil with some sort of flower/design off to the side. Something similar to this-



For the reception, I plan on changing it up a bit.


Going along with the red theme I'm going to switch to a red veil. The flowers will be red and again off to the side but the veil will be pinned back under the flower piece. I still want the veil visible just not in front of my face. I CAN'T WAIT! I think right now I'm more excited about the veil than my dress. Hopefully that'll change soon.

I haven't found a veil yet, I suppose I should wait to find my dress first huh? Silly Dress. I'm debating on if I'll buy one or attempt to make my own. I found this easy way to create your own birdcage veil. Looks easy,  hopefully I can figure it out.

Depending on whether I succeed on making my own veil I may or may not need this next step. I was trying to think of places I could go to find a flower to attach to the headpiece. I found this handy little tutorial on tulle flowers. This should give it some character-if I succeed at the first step of course!

1 comment:

  1. Hi,

    A shot in the dark but do you know where I can get the birdcage from your first pic on here?

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete