Monday, February 21, 2011

Finally

I found my dress!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And it's about time! I was getting a little worried, I'm not going to lie. I think that was part of my stress for the entire wedding as a whole. I was stressed out about the size of the wedding and not wanting that large of a wedding already. I felt like all the searching and searching for this "perfect dress"  for the wedding that I didn't want to have wasn't making me feel any better.

Saturday we went to Stillwater to check out one more shop, hoping it was the place. I had this super nice lady who knew what she was talking about and made me feel a lot more comfortable trying dresses on. She did a lot of talking and asking questions about our wedding and getting to know my personality. One thing that I really liked about her was that she stood in the dressing room with me for a minute before I walked out into the big mirrors in front of my family. It gave me a chance to look at the dress by myself and she asked my opinion of it before hearing others. She paid attention to me and could tell right away whether I liked it or didn't. All of the other ladies I've worked with just zipped the dress up and walked me to the mirrors. No help what so ever.

I had tried on a few dresses before I tried on "the one", it was actually the last one I had picked out. When I put it on I liked it a lot-I wasn't in love with it-but I liked it. It was very similar to the dress that I had mentioned in my previous post-the one that I kept going back to. However, this one had a little different bottom to it. A little more fun shall we say? :) I walked out to the big mirrors and my mom agreed, it was so much like the previous dress. The only thing missing was a little bit of sparkle below the bust. The sales lady went and grabbed a sparkly sash and tied it on. I liked it a little bit more. We then discussed the fact that I will be wearing my pearls I received from my grandma. She went and grabbed a pearl sash instead of the sparkly one. As soon as she put it on I knew it was the one. It completely made the dress. It was perfect for me.

I am so happy I finally found my dress. I can't explain to you how I felt on the drive home. It was a huge weight lifted off my shoulders. Even the sales lady said after we decided on the dress that she was nervous that I was over shopped and wasn't ever going to find "the dress." But I did and I couldn't be happier.

4 comments:

  1. Hales - Did you get it at Our Shop!?!!!! I've gotten every dress I've worn since prom there... remember the pink poofy number! :)

    So happy you found 'the dress'!!!! Yipee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! I did! I loved the store and the people working there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG, I knew it as soon as you wrote you got it in Stillwater!!!!

    I'm trying to think... I've bought 6 dresses there and will only go to them for my wedding dress someday! :) Yipee! So happy for you!

    ReplyDelete