Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Dana Seleski - Bridesmaid

I wanted to write about Dana today because she just happened to email me recently about this lovely blog I've started. She mentioned that she feels like my stalker when she is catching up with it. So, since she is obviously reading this I may as well give her something good to read! :) Love you Dan! I met Dana, like all my other bridesmaids, thru work. I had been working at Wells for about a year when she started. . When someone starts out at a bank, especially when they are brand new to banking in general like she was, they don't really say much and they tend to keep to themselves. Worst of all, they learn slow-normally. Dana surprised us all when she caught on quickly with the process. But it wasn't just the process that she surprised us about. The girl wasn't shy-at all.
*I should pause and give a little background information about our little branch. We were extremely close. There were probably an average of 10 of us at the branch between tellers, bankers and managers. Because we were so small we worked together closely on a daily basis. This is horrible to say, but if you didn't "fit in" with the group it most likely wasn't going to work. We were more like family, brothers and sisters. We gave you a few weeks to see if you were really shy or if you could be loud and outrageous like the rest of us. Or at least be able to put up with us.

Anyways, back to Dana. It was only a few days, if that, before she was "one of us" and showed her true self. I think I can speak for the rest of the IGH group when I say her attitude was everything. She wasn't afraid to speak her mind, she fit right in. One day, while Nicole was yelling for me, using my nickname-we will discuss that during Nicole's post-I decided I shouldn't be the only one with a silly nickname. I listed off a few for Dana and decided on Dan. Of course Dana hated it. I said I would use that til I thought of a new one. Eventually we stopped trying to think of a new nickname and just called her Dan. Whether she likes it or not, that's her nickname. :)

When you work in a small branch like ours with only a few people you learn a lot about each other fast, you form friendships. I always looked forward to the time I was able to work beside Dana, she always found a way to brighten my day. Whether it was her sense of humor, attitude or her random comments she always made me laugh. It was well needed during those months of transition from moving from Osceola to Prescott and not having any of my friends near by. I used to cry to Tony about missing Cassie and Amy and wishing I was back home with them. There are times when you need your friends and your other half can't take their place and Cassie and Amy could only do so much from where they were. My entire life had completely changed after being picked up and moved. It was a new town, new work, and new school with no family or friends in site. I hadn't yet caught my balance until Dana and Nicole came into my life. 

I can't see my wedding day without her.

I love you Dan!!

No comments:

Post a Comment